[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Feb 15 15:52:31 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 14:52, PLinnell wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 14:38, Riku Leino wrote:
> > Louis Desjardins wrote:
> > > Edit > Preferences
> > > File > Document setup
> > > is confusing
> > >
> > > Would
> > > Edit > Application preferences
> > > Edit > Document preferences
> > > be an option?
> > >
> > > *Including* the 2 sentences you proposed a few post ago so it is
> > > very clear.
> > >
> > > Some other thoughts, folks?
> >
> > Already gave mine but will repeat cause i think it's a good idea.
> > I'd really prefer an option to apply changes made in either of
> > those prefs to be applied to the other one too by just checking a
> > check box. Kinda annoying to read that this change only applies to
> > the current document cause that makes me to go to the general prefs
> > and make the exactly same change there if I want it to be applied
> > generally. These checkboxes in place of the static warnings would
> > drive the exactly same purpose but would also add some extra value
> > by reducing work needed to be done by a user when (s)he wants to
> > apply a change to both (current document and general settings, i.e.
> > all new documents).
>
> +1

Have fun determining just which of the changes the user has made that they
want to apply to the doc vs the app prefs. You cant put a checkbox next to
every option, and you cant really expect a per tab option either because they
may change one thing that they do want to reflect in prefs, but other things
they dont.

Craig