[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Feb 15 19:27:16 CET 2006

Riku Leino wrote:
> Craig Bradney wrote:
>
>> Have fun determining just which of the changes the user has made that they
>> want to apply to the doc vs the app prefs. You cant put a checkbox next to
>> every option, and you cant really expect a per tab option either because
>> they may change one thing that they do want to reflect in prefs, but other
>> things they dont.
>>

> If checked all options changed that can be found from both of the prefs will
> be applied to both. Was thinking that this could only be at the dialog level.
> For anything more complicated user knows the deal and will need to set both
> of those individually.
>
> I'd think that in most of the cases situation is something where a user would
> only like to change a single setting and would also like to apply it for all
> the future docs too.

I would agree with this. We certainly have had several list messages
from people who thought they were changing the current document but
weren't, or thought they were changing all future documents but weren't.
I like the idea of two requestors, which rewards those who are farther
along the learning curve, yet doesn't "punish" those who are not.
One could say "Current Document Settings" in its title, and have a
checkbox for "Also apply to all future documents".
The other could be "Preferences > Document" and have a checkbox for
"Also apply to current document".

Greg