[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Feb 15 20:20:07 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 14:46 schrieb Craig Bradney:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:18, Peter Nermander wrote:
> > I think there could be an easy solution to this problem.
> >
> > The global settings, what do they affect? As far as I know they only
> > affect a document created without a template? Even then there is the
> > possibility to change the document settings while creating the document.
>
> It also includes a lot more than that.. colour management, shortcuts etc.
>
> > So, why not just take away as many of the global settings as possible?
> > Make it so that documents will ALWAYS have to be created from a template.
> > The only thing really needed is just to include a "default" template,
> > right?
>
> A template for? A4 portrait? a5 landscape?  non colour managed, colour
> managed?

Absolutely agree. Something like a standard template makes perfect sense in a
word processor, at least if it is not as badly implemented as in Word
(crashes due to a damaged normal.dot, arrrgh). In a DTP app this makes no
sense at all, since it's quite likely that each document has very different
requirements.

> Craig

Cheers,

Christoph