[Scribus] Booklet print SOLVED

Calum Polwart scribus
Thu Feb 16 01:08:39 CET 2006

> > Where did that come from ? We take the ability to print directly to
> > high end printers like CMYK lasers and RIPs pretty seriously. Where
> > sometimes printing fails is when the printer cannot handle certain
> > postscript operators, usually not in commercial/pro grade printers.
>
> Oh?  Back in 1.23 I think - reported problems with graphics printing
> displaced down the page and seem to recall being told that there were
> bugs and not to rely on printing directly from scribus for end
> results... will try to find exact posting..

Interestingly there is no reply to that part of my post on the archive
or in my scribus folder in my email... makes me think someone replied
off list?  Certainly I was printing to a low grade home laser.  But I
got the same problem with post script printing to file...

(This is the original post
http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2005-July/012583.html)

I can still generate the same error in 1.3.2 (jan8th cvs - really should
update)

When I try to print it to kprinter it crashes!

Guess its the graphic that's borken but I think its just a plain old
jpeg.

As this appears a one off is there any value generating a bug report?

On the same topic is it then acceptable to print to pdf rather than use
pdf export?  Reason I ask is someone last week or two was saying that
running the pdf through gs seemed to reduce the size so I could possibly
get the size of my web versions down a bit more but still do full fancy
font and colour export and all the rest for the printers.

Someone's asked I i might update the wiki - which I can have a bash at -
but what's the correct way?  Should we be exporting to pdf then
kprintering or kprintering direct from scribus?

Calum