[Scribus] Cannot Space Letters: 1.2.4.1

Rich Shepard rshepard
Thu Feb 16 22:12:08 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Louis Desjardins wrote:

> I am using 1.2 here. I have no issue with kern/track. I do as follow:
> 1. Select text frame
> 2. Pick Content Tool
> 3. Put the cursor between any 2 letters of your headline
> 4. Go to Properties>Text>Kerning
> 5. Apply any value, say 10 pts just for the sake of seeing whether
> everything is ok.
> You should see the difference.

Louis,

   OK. This works for me, too. I was trying to do this in the story editor;
didn't know about the content tool icon! Sheesh! This makes all the
difference. I can also watch the kerning change as I use the spin widget in
the properties dialog box.

   Another good lesson learned.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"