[Scribus] Trouble with snap-to-guides

Steven Boothe steven.boothe
Wed Feb 22 01:23:17 CET 2006

Hello all. Is there anybody out there that has managed a fair solution
to creating business cards? I'm willing to create a template and write a
"how to" while I go about the process of creating my own cards, but at
the moment I've hit a snag with the snap-to-guide feature. I've just
submitted the following bug report, but if someone here has any ideas or
thoughts on how they managed I would be really grateful to read of them.

(FWIW, I tried google, docs.scribus, and wiki.scribus.net first)

Steven

--
Bug report:

OS: Win2k SP2
Build: 1.3.3cvs

I am trying to create a template for creating business cards.

I have set up the dimensions with some guides to help in that process
with the expectation that once I have created one card, I can group it
all together, and copy and paste it into the other panels as designated
by the guides.

Now when I set the page to "snap to guide" I cannot move the initial
rectangle I created from one designated panel to another. My thinking
was once I finished designing the card in one panel I would simple group
the elements, copy and paste, and move that new group to another panel, etc.

1. Create new document (8.5 x 11 inches and .5 inch margins, default
unit inches)
2. Page -> Manage guides:
2a. Add Horiz. Guides at 0.5, 2.5, 4.5
2b. Add Vert. Guides at 0.5, 4.0, 4.5, 8.0
3. View -> show guides
4. Page -> snap to guides
5. Insert shape (rectangle) to fit in upper left area sized for a
typical 2x3.5 inch business card, and resize so that it fills entire
region bounded by the guides.
6. Now try and drag that new shape to the another region. It should not
work.
7. Try copying and pasting, then moving the new rectange. It should not
work.

That's all I've got. If there is a better way of to go about creating
business cards it would be great to know. I tried google, and searching
the usual places but didn't find anything.

Thanks!