[Scribus] Booklet print SOLVED
Thu Feb 23 09:55:29 CET 2006
Sorry for entering a discussion long after it is over (I am just reading
up on 2 weeks worth of mailing lists).
I have a script for the psutils stuff, which I use it for printing all
sorts of documents as booklets (on duplex-capable printers) to save paper.
Not rocket science, but it does a nice job, including
- using the document bounding box for geometry calculations or even
- determining the bounding box `experimentally', using ghostscript
- works well with A4 and letter paper
- inserts a duplex cookie into the postscript
- can tumble the even pages even on stubborn printers.
ps2book -Pdisplay -F0.87 <file.ps>
will produce a booklet, scaling the true bounding box (of the first few
pages) to <= 87% of the available space in width and height, and show you
the result in gv.
The script can be found at
I have used it for years, and it is well documented.
If somebody tells me that this would be interesting for the
Scribus+booklet wiki, I can insert a pointer there.
W o l f g a n g
More information about the scribus