[Scribus] [OT] Re: 'Adobe will release a full feature version of Acrobat for Linux.'

Nathan Turnage pixelnate
Thu Feb 23 18:46:16 CET 2006

On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:30 AM, ?ukasz Jerna? wrote:

> Dnia czwartek, 23 lutego 2006 18:01, Christoph Sch?fer napisa?:
>>
>> I think it was a chair I saw just flying across the sky ...
>
> I don't think Steve B. can read Spanish. But it's good to see that
> they're
> seriously looking into Linux, I hope they will take the Adobe Reader
> approach
> not the Wine one (like Google)...
>
> --
> ?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?

It would be the first time that Adobe has written fresh code in a long
time. They still haven't completely cleaned up Illustrator or Photoshop
on OSX. Lots of legacy code in both. I am curious how (un)stable
Illustrator will be on the Intel chips.

With linux, there will be no legacy code (hooray), so they will be even
better. What I really want to see is a concerted effort to get
professional level color correction environment set up on linux.
Something a little more robust than little cms.

Nathan Turnage
Production Artist / Web Developer
Anderson Marketing Group
1017 N. Main, Suite 300