[Scribus] [OT] Re: 'Adobe will release a full feature version of Acrobat for Linux.'

Nathan Turnage pixelnate
Thu Feb 23 19:31:13 CET 2006

On Feb 23, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Hal V. Engel wrote:

> There is lots of work underway in the color management area for OSS
> systems.
> If you are interested in following this you should join the OpenICC
> email
> list or perhaps read through the archives.  In a year or so I would
> expect
> that there will be a significant level of integration of CM tools on
> Linux
> systems that is comparable to what is currently available on Windows.
> Maybe
> even a little more advanced.  The main thing that is holding this back
> is a
> need for more volunteers to move this forward at a faster pace.  On the
> OpenICC Wiki there is a list of current projects in this area.   If
> you are
> able to contribute you should contact one of those projects and
> volunteer.
> I am sure that every one of these projects can use both technical and
> non-technical help.

I am very interested in this. Could you post a link?

Although, I am not a coder, I would contribute in any way I can. I come
from a color correction background (scanning, cc, retouching, etc.),
and as someone who made their living for many years living in
Photoshop, I gotta say that the Gimp is just not cutting it. The
keyboard shortcuts are terrible, and the lack of CMYK completely keeps
it out of the commercial print market. While I am not really interested
in the whole Adobe suite, I would snatch up PS for linux in a
heartbeat.

Nathan Turnage
Production Artist / Web Developer
Anderson Marketing Group