[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.4.1 slow in Ubuntu (follow up)

me at guybouchard.ca me
Mon Feb 27 00:39:15 CET 2006

Oleksandr Moskalenko said:

Please try the same document in the same environment with Scribus
1.3.x. See
http://debian.scribus.net for information on how to get a Ubuntu
Breezy (5.10)
"scribus-cvs" package.

--------------

I tried Scribus 1.3.x on a fresh install of Ubuntu 5.10.

Same problem as 1.2.2.4 on Ubuntu 5.10.

My 10-12 pages document took 3-4 minutes loading.

I tried with IceWm instead of Gnome.

Same problem.

It seem to me (on my Thinkpad T21) that Scribus and Ubuntu are not
working properly together (on my computer). I don't know what to do
more about it.

I tried Scribus on 4-5 Linux distributions in the past 2 weeks and it
was smooth and fast on all but Ubuntu. It is sad since i really like
Ubuntu / Gnome.

I will go back to SimplyMepis.

Thanks for helping!

Guy Bouchard