[Scribus] postnet codes

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Feb 27 03:29:35 CET 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> Please a) regrab cvs as of now and retest the barcode generator b) submit 1
> bug with any deficiencies it has (apart from the vertical line issue which
> you have already submitted).

Well, it works after a fashion. I have to unselect 'Include text in
barcode', and when it generates the barcode it puts it in the lower left
hand corner of the page and adds another page for some reason. Is that a
bug?

And beyond that, while the barcode is not as distorted as the one from
the website, as I said before, it still does not meet US Postal criteria
for various dimensions  of the bars and the spacing. Enter the
utilitarian postnet.py.
At this point I have no reason to use barcode generator. Perhaps for
other barcodes, but once I have criteria for other codes, it should be
easy to modify postnet.py.

Greg