[Scribus] Colour separations and line screen

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Feb 28 01:18:07 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2006 00:53 schrieb Frank Cox:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 01:18:32 +0200
>
> Riku Leino <tsoots at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Frank Cox wrote:
> > > But now that I have the PDF in hand, how do I colour separate it so I
> > > can print 4 individual plates?
> >
> > You could print to file. There are separations available in the print
> > dialog.
>
> That's what I have been doing up to now.  But I don't see any option there
> to set the rendering settings for dot size and whatnot.
>
> What am I missing?  We appearently can't get decent colour on this press
> until we get these dots at the proper angles and frequency and I don't see
> any option to set that except under the PDF export function.

Frank,

you aren't missing anything. Using the printing system as a RIP is a
workaround. You should be able to get some of the options from a printer
driver (if you don't have a postscript printer, add one from your printer
setup dialog). In the printer settings, you will be able to define some, if
not all the settings you need.

There's a good reason RIPs are expensive, so don't expect any miracles :(

Cheers,

Christoph