[Scribus] Colour separations and line screen

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Tue Feb 28 18:08:15 CET 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:48:59 -0500
Louis Desjardins <louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com> wrote:

> I assume from what I read that you are able to set a linescreen from
> your printer's driver. If it works for black and white and spot colors
> jobs, then I cannot see why it wouldn't work for color seps.

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something there is no way to set the
linescreen through the Postscript driver for the HP5100 printer.

The Printer Options settings that I have are as follows:
Economode; Job Name; Job Retention; Levels of Gray; Printer Resolution;
Resolution Enhancement; User Name; Watermark Angle; Watermark Font; Watermark
Intensity; Watermark Pages; Watermark Size (points); Watermark Style; Watermark
Text; Watermark/Overlay; 2-Sided Printing; Collate; Media Size; Media Type;
Tray 1 (Manual); Duplex Unit; Fit to Page; Printer Hard Disk; Total Memory;
Tray 3; Tray 4; Page Set; Mirror; Orientation; N-Up printing.

I don't see anything there that looks relevant to the task at hand.  Printing
the plates for the black-and-white presses works fine, though, and the process
that you described for "Print separations" is just exactly the procedure that
we use to print black-and-white and spot colour on the other presses.

I guess the next question that I have is, where do we go from here?  I am
getting the impression that we need to purchase some additional hardware or
software (or both) to make this work.  Where should we go to get it and what
should we ask for when we get there?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net