[Scribus] Acrobat Reader 7: "Wrong Operand"-Error

Krischan Keitsch keitsch
Tue Jan 17 21:49:36 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 17. Januar 2006 01:46 schrieben Sie:
> On Monday 16 January 2006 22:33, Krischan Keitsch wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I strongly suspect you have a broken font or an image.
> > >
> > > Please do
> > >
> > > Edit > Collect for Output and include the fonts, then mail to me.
> > >
> > > This mailbox has no size limit.
> > >
> > > Peter
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > I attached a bzip2 compressed folder with the collected output as
> > you mentioned.
> > Meanwhile I tried to change all fonds to arial in order to find out
> > if it is a broken fond as you suspected - no change :-(
> >
> > I also tried it with a complete "rebuild": I copied every single
> > element into a new file and exported to pdf and then checked how
> > acrobat 7 likes it. It went quite well until I copied the vertical
> > text elements. Removing the elements again didn't help - the
> > document was then tainted.
> >
> > Thanks again for your help!
> >
> > Krischan
>
> Hi Krischan,
>
> Lovely design, but you need to rethink the methods a bit.
>
> Gifs have no place in any kind of page layout. The only reason you can
> use Gifs in Scribus is because the Qt image class supports them.
>
> There are some images on page one which have negative coordinates
> which should be actually created as either native objects in Scribus
> or Inkscape. Those kinds of gradients and decor (green bars on the
> left) should not be images, but vector or they will not print
> properly if you print this at a commercial printer. All those png's
> behind the text in the middle can be replicated by creating a CMYK
> color in Scribus and using this as a text back ground or drawing the
> shapes in Scribus.
>
> To find the problem images:
>
> Go tools > Outline and expand the page 1 +
>
> Then look for Image 4 to Image 9 and delete them. Then your exported
> PDF should display find in Acro Reader 7.
>
> Let me know if you have more issues.
>
> Peter

Peter! You did it!

You were absolutely right about it! Replacing all gifs with scribus own
elements (lines, circles etc.) lead to a perfect pdf output for acrobat 7.

Thank you very much for your effort's! We - my wife and I (its her
project ;-)- really appreciate your help. We are looking forward to the
ongoing development!

Sincerely Krischan