[Scribus] scripter in Version 1.3.3.2

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Jul 10 21:20:45 CEST 2006

Christian Richter wrote:
> Again in english:
>
> I tried to implement a kind of Imposing script in python at the scribus version 1.3.3.2
> The source document is in format A5 Portrait.
>
> Steps:
> 1. export all pages as EPS data.
> 2. create a new document in format A4 Landscape
> 3. create a picture frame for all saved pages in a booklet order
> 4. load all the pictures in the related frames

This seems unnecessarily complicated. See below.
> Problems:
> 1. pages will only be saved without borders
> 2. setMargins(0,0,0,0) doesn't work. The values will be changed in the document-dialog, but the page settings are not affected
> 3. create a new document with defines "PAPER_A4" and "UNIT_MILLIMETERS" doesn't work correct.
>     Instead of this a new document with size (595.0x842.0) millimeters will created. (The command does not consider the right unit settings)

I checked this with some of my own scripts, and indeed, there is a
problem with specifying anything other than UNIT_POINTS -- the
dimensions of the page are messed up, and you can't fix it even after
the script runs. For now, if you can work with points in your script,
then change units later, that's the way to go. I'll have to see if a bug
has been posted.
> The very first idea was to create a new document in format A4 Landscape and copy all objects from the relates source document,
> but copy of objects is not possible with the scripter?!

Using everything as EPS is going to make a massive file indeed, if you
can make it work. Check the wiki for some hints on imposition.
This page on making a booklet may be what you're looking for:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet

Greg