[Scribus] Some basics?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Jul 17 02:28:42 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 02:11 schrieb John R. Culleton:
> > ..except wrapping multicolumn text around a wide float, which is the
> > only thing causing me real pain! Actually you can even do this but you
> > have to manually rebuild the margins on every affected column which
> > isn't practical.
>
> Context, which is a newer TeX variant can handle this. I think it
> is described in the manual Details or perhaps in Columns.
>
> All LaTeX users should familiarize themselves with Context, and
> then choose the tool that fits their hand.
> http://www.pragma-ade.nl/show-man-1.htm

Hi John,

I have hardly used TeX/LaTeX in the last two years, due to the lack of
opportunities, but I read some amazing comments on the new opportunities
Context provides. Is it really so much better? Would you mind explaining the
advantages here? I think lots people here will be interested in reading about
it.

Thanks!

Christoph