[Scribus] Why do?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Jul 24 03:39:28 CEST 2006

Allen wrote:
> I'm sorry, but as a very new, but skilled DTP, Scribus user, I have to
> agree with Pat.

I think what we have is a bit of a paradox. /Some/ find Scribus
non-intuitive, others the opposite.
One thing for certain is that the included docs don't, and really never
did, tell you much about the nuts & bolts of using Scribus.
The tutorials that have existed have gotten badly outdated, and probably
illustrate that a tutorial is only going to be useful if there is
someone to keep it up-to-date.

It also seems that Pat and likely Allen have not been aware of the Wiki
as a resource, yet there is some very useful information for total
newbies and experienced DTP'ers who are new to Scribus.
There probably needs to be a more prominent reference to the Wiki in
Scribus, and secondly, something on the main page of the Wiki that at
least does some Wiki self-referencing for the newbie. As I look at  main
page with the idea of "Where do I start?", it is not readily apparent.

Greg