[Scribus] Again: Tutorial

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sat Jul 29 12:06:43 CEST 2006

I really can't believe everybody is discussing the content of the document to be used in the tutorial. As I see it it is totally irrelevant.

Someone draw a design example (or several) in a drawing program. Just pictures of how it is supposed to look. Then write a tutorial on how to acheive that design with Scribus. People can even draw designs and ask if someone else can tell how to acheive such a layout.

Then we can supply sample content to be inserted into the design, there can be several archives with content. They will all have the same number of text files (of approximately ythe same size) and images and the used can choose which ones to insert into the tutorial design. And teachers can even make their own content for students to use.

We just have to decide on some key properties of the designs: number and (approximate) sizes of images, length of text, one long text or several smaller?, number and types of headings etc. They don't have to be fixed, we can allow for some variantion.

Example:
One publication title
Two text, one short newsflash style and a longer article
Three levels of headings
1-2 large pictures with caption
2-3 smaller pictures without captions
optional byline/dateline