[Scribus] Integration into KDE

avox avox
Tue Jun 6 21:33:41 CEST 2006

Thomas Zastrow-4 wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 June 2006 02:56, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>  > Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>  > > On Friday 02 June 2006 08:33, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
>  > >> KDE nows a lot of file-types, but Scribus isn't recognized by KDE by
>  > >> default. Wouldn't it possible to associate SLA-files in Konqueror
> with
>  > >> Scribus?
>  > >
>  > > scribus should ship a .desktop file that includes this association.
> if
>  > > they don't, that's a bug for scribus to fix.
>  >
>  > Scribus ships support for the XDG MIME information, but KDE doesn't
>  > support it yet.
> ah yes, real world useful versus theoretically useful. *applause* =/
> someone should thump the scribus team kindly on the noggin and suggest
> that
> adding that one entry into their .desktop file would make scribus more
> useful
> for the majority of open source desktop users, aka "kde users".

If someone make such a charming request we might actually implement that.
Unfortunately I can't find the documentation for that entry in the current
specification at

I found a deprecated "Extensions"-entry type in version 0.9.3, but that
no other information than that it's deprecated. So maybe someone with a KDE
system could find out if one can just put the extensions in there, if one
has to
include the '*' wildcard, and if the extensions are separated by ';' or by
',' ?

Ah yes, and is the file still named ".kdelink" or does KDE recognize

It's such a joy implementing always the oldest standards...

Sent from the Scribus forum at Nabble.com.