[Scribus] Maintaining text with scribus

Marc de Banville marc
Mon Jun 12 21:17:49 CEST 2006

Greg,

Workflow? OK, I can identify errors out of Scribus and correct them in
there, but you can recognize this is not the ideal way. It would be
better to get the text corrected inside the story editor with a spell
checker. But another solution that I used, especially for translation
purposes, was to export all the texts (in individual .text files) and
then import the translated text into scribus. Translaters work better
with text files.

Encoding? Yes it is an encoding problem, but not the encoding of the
framelist.py script itself. What is at stake is the correct encoding
relation between the original scribus text and the resulting .txt file.
There should be a function in some library used by the story editor, but
which one?

Frames linked . You are right. framelist.py repeats the whole text on
each linked frame loation, which can be quite a lot with a book.

Thanks again

Marc