[Scribus] Place page 2 pf a PDF?

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Mar 12 10:06:10 CET 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 04:31:40PM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> N00bie with Scribus here, but familiar with InDesign, PageMaker, QuarkXPress, and others.
>
> I created a frame and placed a PDF in it. So far, so good. But this PDF has two pages. Now I want to place the second page in another frame. How?

No can do - yet. In addition to Craig Bradney's suggestion, you can also
use GhostScript to rasterise pages yourself and then include them as
images. Remember that Scribus currently imports PDF by rasterising it
anyway.

> Actually, this is a PDF exported from Scribus as two tabloid (11x17)
> pages. Now I want to make it one portrait letter size document by
> placing the first page of the PDF on top and the second page on the
> bottom, scaling each to fit. If that can't be done, is there a way to
> "shrink and concatenate" the original two-page .sla document?

It sounds like you want booklet printing / imposition. It's a regular
topic that comes up here, and one we have no built-in support for yet.
Check out the list archives, docs, and wiki. The footer of this mail
should have a link to the list archives.

--
Craig Ringer