[Scribus] Flyer for Scribus

Alex Merry alexander.merry
Sun May 21 11:41:01 CEST 2006

On Sun, May 20, 2006 at 06:44:10PM -0400, jwminer at accessvt.com wrote:
> *     "The Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely
> documented." Don't use a semicolon! Use an em dash. Alternatively,
> use a colon (I don't like a colon there) or a comma. The em dash
> would be best, but there's a dash in the next sentence. Perhaps
> reword to "is based on XML, which is open and completely
> documented."

Actually, that isn't correct. The file format is XML based _in addition_
to being open and completely documented. The fact that XML is also open
and completely documented would be no help were the Scribus format not
also documented.

I've never quite got to grips with the semicolon, so I may be wrong, but
I think the original is still incorrect. Perhaps a comma would work
better?

Alex :-)

--
Pippin