[Scribus] New member

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon May 29 15:38:22 CEST 2006

Dan Fink wrote:
> I am currently co-authoring a book on building small wind turbines in
> the home workshop. The draft of the book was written using OpenOffice,
> and we were about to purchase Adobe InDesign for layout --a large sum of
> money. This also would have meant that during the layout process, I'd be
> chained to a windows computer, while running my office Linux machine at
> the same time -- since I am located off the power grid and generate all
> my own electricity from solar and wind, that's a significant waste of
> power. And our company avoids the use of Microsoft products whenever
> possible.
>
> Everything I have heard so far indicates that Scribus is completely
> acceptable for bringing our book to publication, and we are excited that
> we can do it using open source software.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The list is a great resource, due
to the large number of subscribers who know about publishing, printing,
color, layout, and of course, Scribus.
Make sure you take advantage of the Wiki: http://wiki.scribus.net --
and, also I would invite you to mention your work there once it's completed:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Made_with_Scribus

Greg