[Scribus] Prepare EPS for commercial print

Tim Howe thowe
Tue May 30 03:04:50 CEST 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
mvdg27 <mvdg27 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to Scribus and DTP in general. I'm currently in the process
> of getting to know the basics, but I do have one question I couldn't find a
> clear answer on while searching the internet.
>
> I recently designed a company logo in Inkscape. Since Inkscape produces
> vector graphics I figured they would be suitable for printing. But the
> commercial printers I contacted told me they need eps files in CMYK format.
> Since Inkscape doesn't have that ability, but Scribus does I decided to
> import the logo in Scribus and export it to eps from there.

	I designed graphics for my company's billing envelopes in Ikscape.  I'm pretty sure I exported directly from Inkscape to eps and our printing company seemed to think it was cmyk...  at least I think that's what they asked for, and the envelopes came out great :)

	Am I remembering wrong?

--TimH