[Scribus] Using Scribus in the classroom?

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Wed Nov 8 13:30:29 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

On 11/8/06, Peter Nermander <m8130 at abc.se> wrote:
> That can be done in MS Word too, if you want to. Ok, for manual
> kerning I think you have to add keyboard shortcuts to do it easy,
> but text frames and manual kerning ARE available in MS Word.
> The problem is that because Word lets you put text directly on the page,
> people

I have been using MS Word and I disagree with you here.  Though I know
you can create text frames in MS-Word but you CANNOT move it with the
DETAILED precision as you can do in Scribus.  For example, you can set
attributes in upto several decimal places - that's not available in
Word.  As for manual kerning, I was talking about adjusting space
between each individual character of a word - you cannot do that in
word which only lets you adjust character-spacing on a single piece of
text as a whole - no adjusting of space between individual characters.
 That's why whenever I think about Scribus, the words that come to
mind are "precision" and "control".

--
Sincerely,

Asif