[Scribus] Bad picturequality in 1.3.3.4

Ole Blente blente
Thu Nov 16 21:20:37 CET 2006

Thank you for your answer. I have activated colormanagement. Actually
immediatly arrived in Scribus the pictures become milkey. And so they
continue through the workflow. Looks the same in 3 different pdf-apps;
(I only downloaded Acrobat Reader because of this problem). And it comes
milkey bach to me from the printer :-( I downloaded InDesign. Created a
100x100mm doc with a tiff-picture in both with high printerquality, no
compression, 1.5 PDF. Scribus gave me a milkey looking file with 16mb,
whereas the Indesignfile only demanded 1,5mb and looks just wonderfull.
I understand from Craig Bradney, that this should not happen; only I
cant figure out, what Im doing wrong. Ole Blente Message: 5 Date: Wed,
15 Nov 2006 18:29:55 +0000 (GMT) From: Terence Chan <terence at onetel.com>
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Bad picturequality in 1.3.3.4 To:
<scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de> Message-ID:
<Pine.LNX.4.33.0611151825170.30856-100000 at x1-6-00-14-85-f2-73-55>
myself. Assuming you've activated colour management and the pictures
look ok in scribus, the problem is most likely to do with a problem with
the Acrobat reader - have you tried to look at the PDF file with another
viewer (e.g. xpdf on linux?) For me the solution is to export to
PDF/X-3, as the pictures look nice regardless of the viewer I use
although I haven't yet had them printed out on a high quality printer.