[Scribus] Using Pantone colors fails

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Fri Nov 17 11:18:12 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 09:17:26AM +0100, Corn? Verbruggen wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I'll try the 1.3.4 branch to use spot colors.
>
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 00:44 +0100, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> > Plinnell napisa??(a):
> >
> > :) I'm confused. Do we really need to backport  this from the unstable
> > branch? Has the current spot color solution in 1.3.3.* stopped working
> > and isn't fixable anymore?
>
> Is seems so. Or my print service is doing something wrong. If other
> people have good results with spot-colors in version 1.3.3.4, I would
> like to know that.

By the time the Wiki article was written, there was no 1.3.4cvs and
there was no indication the something was wrong in the article.

Peter, can you confirm if spot colour works on 1.3.3.x?

> Btw, is there a simple way of inspecting a PDF to find out if spot
> colors are embedded correctly?

I'd like to understand that as well, and add the validation procedure to
the article.

Best regards
Gustavo

> Corn?

Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt