[Scribus] How to insert farsi text ?

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sun Oct 8 22:00:51 CEST 2006

Lamia Vermel napisa?(a):
> Hi,
> I am french and I'm working voluntarily for a persian association and I
> have to carry out a quarterly newspaper.
> My computer runs under Windows XP (LSD) but I can also work on Linux.
> Here is my problem:
> The newspaper must be bilingual (french/farsi), I'm facing problems on
> the persian part as when I copy and paste a farsi text or import it, the
> letters seem to be disconnected and inside out.
> I already installed persian unicode fonts on my system persannes
> unicodes and also modified the Regional Options into Farsi, but nothing
> works (it's as if I wrote everything in uppercase).
> There would the possibility to insert manually the special caracters but
> I will take me an eternity ...
> If anyone can help, I would be very grateful !!
> Thanks a lot !!!

Hi Lamia and welcome to the Scribus mailing list,

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but it doesn't seem to be possible yet --
the support for non latin languagues is planned for Scribus 1.3.6
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap#1.3.6 and the Scribus
team has been working on the upcoming 1.3.4 release for the last months.

See also the following RFE:
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3965

cheers
Maciej