[Scribus] Python tutorials

Cedric Sagne csagne
Mon Oct 23 11:29:00 CEST 2006

All,

Thanks for your help concerning Python tutorials. The o3 pdf has not managed to scratch the thick "dummy" layer I own. Python is still a mystery for me.

I saw some tutorials meant for design of new documents, but is it possible to apply the scripts like "macros" on existing documents?
I believe tutorials on Python may need to address functions one by one, even when examples have little practical use, their didactic focus would increase.
The Calendar script, for example, is powerful, but too complex to learn from it.

Still looking for understandable sources, brainpower very low on my side apparently, and except for the two scripts (calendar and font list) no other ever worked, even "Hello World" (pity innit).

I was wondering as scripts are extremely small if including the best ones either in the builds or as additional downloads, much the same way as manuals may not be a good idea?

Still searching on the Python road. Any help still very much appreciated.

Cedric