[Scribus] Scribus tutorial in c't

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Sep 4 23:25:52 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 4. September 2006 22:54 schrieb Craig Bradney:
> On Monday 04 September 2006 21:58, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Dnia poniedzia?ek, 4 wrze?nia 2006 19:04, Gregory Pittman napisa?:
> > >
> > > I don't think you can worry so much about the quality of the review.
> >
> > AFAIU Christoph was worrying about quality of attached fonts, not review
> > itself :)
>
> They also got the fact wrong that pdflib.cpp from Scribus does not relate
> at all to the PDFLib external library.
>
> Craig

Be that as it may, the comments in the tutorial were quite positive. What the
author criticised is well known here (tables, non-editable frames in master
pages, missing drop shadows for frames), but he explained the workarounds. He
also mentioned Scribus' ability to have different page formats in one
document (in contrast to QXP and ID).

All things considered, this is very good. I mean, _four_ pages in c't, plus a
small article somewhere else in the issue I mentioned.  A lot of companies
would gladly pay tons of money for that ...

Cheers,

Christoph