[Scribus] printing in landscape

Adam Lafayette atomlbomb
Fri Sep 8 15:21:08 CEST 2006

--------------------------
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:10:13 +1000
From: Dean McCorquodale <dmccorqu at bigpond.net.au>

Try changing the default printer settings of the
printer to portrait.
I think scribus looks at printer settings?

----------------------------

Thanks for replying Dean.

My printer default settings are set to portrait.
Landscape is what I want it to print at.  Maybe I
didn't explain good.  Here is an example of how it
works in another program for me.

Program OpenOffice.org

I create a new document
I Go to format > page
set page to landscape
add text or whatever to the document
without chaninging printer settings I print.
The document is printed in landscape.

It looks to me like the program overrides the printer
setting.  It has always worked this way for me in all
programs till scribus.

When I try to do this in scribus in prints in
portrait.  But when printing in scribus if I go to
file > print > change to landscape then print.  It
prints correctly.

I guess I was hoping is that scribus would override
the default printer setting automatically like other
programs do.  Also when I export to pdf (in scribus)
from the document it prints in portrait unless I go in
and manually change the setting.  I am viewing and
printing pdfs it in adobe acrobat reader.  I don't
have that problem exporting from OO.o

Is it possible to have scribus do this.  I didn't find
anything in preferences for it.  Or would the code
have to be changed?

Thanks.

Adam Lafayette  N1ZGG   atomlbomb at yahoo.com    http://www.bloodkeg.com       http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb