[Scribus] Subject: Re: Scribus, lulu.com, and Lightning Source Inc.

Raquel Martin raquel_rene
Tue Sep 19 03:08:00 CEST 2006

The basic Lulu POD requirements are pretty relaxed. I
think you are free to distill in whatever generator
you want, it's just the global requirements that are
strict.

I'd opt out of global, but it's part of my project's
current goals. We are "crowdsourcing" the content and
marketing ideas for a book, from there we have a core
group of 30 or so people (it varies daily)/primarily
work-at-home women,  who complete a variety of tasks
for the project.

Everything is a little unconventional.
We don't know ultimately what our finished book will
be, although we have a well formed basic structure for
it. It's our job to create some cohesion within the
randomness of the content.

We hope to provide a finished book to the public
within a 30 day schedule. It's been fun so far, we're
a little thin on people with technical abilities,
other than that things are moving along.

The boot into windows/use distiller, sure that irks me
a bit. Lulu seems to say their hands are tied on the
Lightning Source issue.

Are there any other POD global distribution choices
that are Scribus friendly? I'd be interested, as far
as future projects go.

Message: 9