[Scribus] Repeat request 4 info

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Apr 21 17:54:19 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, 21. April 2007 15:28 schrieb Steve Herrick:
> On 4/21/07, Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Open/Import Quark file in Scribus is not possible and afaik it will never
> > be.
>
> It seems to me Scribus will gain that many more users when people can
> import directly, thus preserving their existing content. I realize
> this is probably quite a lot of work for the coders, but perhaps there
> is some sort of indirect method, like "Open Publisher file in
> Publisher, Save As Word file, Open in OOo, Save As .odt, Import into
> Scribus." I'm not sure what the Quark equivalent might be.

There's a feature request in the bugtracker asking for an import filter for
Quark xtg files. Once the new text filter is implemented, that's probably
feasible. Creating import filters for undocumented dtp file formats is not
worth the enormous effort.

See:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Why_Scribus_doesn%27t_supports_QuarkXpress_and_other_major_publishing_applications

and