[Scribus] Book length projects.

m8130 at abc.se m8130
Thu Apr 26 09:36:48 CEST 2007

> Why wouldn't it?

> A novel, for instance, doesn't really have any complex formatting.  Most
> pages will have just a single text block.  It's already easy to do the
> table of contents and styles, so the only real concern would be the
> widow/orphan handling and the index generation.

> The documents I create with Scribus, while not huge, are usually 128
> pages in size, mostly text (short stories).  The only real difficulty is
> manually adjusting text frames to control widows/orphans, and it can be
> pretty tedious in a long chapter.  I see that has been on the feature
> want list for a while, so I'll just be patient and hope it materializes
> in the not-too-distant future.

I can tell from what you are writing that you have probably never worked
with LaTeX or similar systems:-)

Why don't you download LyX and try for yourself, to see how easy TOC,
index etc is handled.

For writing a text intensive book I think that no software I have tried
can compete with using LyX. It would be a dream if the story editor in
Scribus would be like LyX.

/Peter