[Scribus] Strange behaviour when line has no width but colour white on dark background in PDF

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Aug 1 15:19:09 CEST 2007

Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> This one caught us out a few days ago.
>
> If you have an image with a zero size line width but set with a white
> colour line on top on a darker larger background, you see (correctly) no
> line around the image.
>
> But when you export to PDF, Acrobat Reader 7 and 8 on Windows and Linux
> show the image with a white line around it. Evince (on Ubuntu 7.04)
> interestingly shows no line around the image.
>
> Is this a Acrobat bug, or an PDF export bug? I would expect that if you
> force the line to have a 0 mm width it really shouldn't show up.
> Obviously if we set the line on the image to have line colour 'none' it
> would fix this, but why do we have to ? When you zoom in to the image at
> 6400% the line is still thin, but even at 66% view the line is still
> seen ...

So what you're saying is that you insist that you make a line disappear
by making its width zero rather than making its color None. One of the
things to consider is that with floating point numbers, zero can be a
difficult thing to achieve. If you can go to the bother of making a line
width zero, how much more work is making the color None?

Greg