[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.4 in Ubuntu amd64 repositories

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Mon Aug 6 08:39:59 CEST 2007

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 11:26:47 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> What annoys me is not that 1.3.4 has bugs.

It's the development version, so of course it has bugs.

> What annoys me is that it
> overwrote 1.3.3.8 and that Ubuntu removed 1.3.3.8 from the
> repositories, so I can't go back. What was so tough about leaving
> 1.3.3.8 in the repositories?

That's a question that would be better directed to the Ubuntu folks; the
Scribus developers have no control over Ubuntu repositories.

By way of example, I currently use Fedora 7 on this computer and the current
version in Fedora Updates is scribus-1.3.3.9-1.fc7.

I assume that Ubuntu has a mailing list where issues like this could be
addressed.  Your chances of having it "fixed" by posting here on the Scribus
list are substantially less than they would be if you post on the appropriate
Ubuntu mailing list.