[Scribus] Problems with Scribus 1.3.3.9 under Fedora 7

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Dec 1 14:55:38 CET 2007

Fabien3D wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I've just installed Scribus on F7, and I've been experiencing several problems :
> - Scribus is much slower under F7 than under Window$ XP, although I've installed
> the nVIDIA drivers and activated the Render Acceleration.
> - I need to paste text from OpenOffice.org Draw to Scribus. The strange thing is
> that if I have to paste to texts from two different text boxes in OOo Draw, the
> first text is pasted corretly, but when I copy/paste the second text, the first
> text is pasted once again !

This is not a Scribus problem, but something about the way that F7,
maybe other Linux versions, handle Copy > Paste from various sources. If
you have Klipper running, check clipper and select the item that
corresponds to the one you want to paste, it should be there. Why it
will sometimes stick on an older item in the buffer is unclear to me.

Greg