[Scribus] Yet ANOTHER scripting bug

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Dec 2 14:59:45 CET 2007

Chris Bergstresser wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2007 1:43 PM, M?tis Barnab?s <sr_barna at citromail.hu> wrote:
>
>> Applying style is only avialable in the selected frame. If you link two,
>> or more text frames, at first have to put the text into one "unlinked"
>> frame, meantime apply the styles and finally link the frames.
>>

>    Good to know, but it's not causing my issue.  This is occurring
> even with a single text frame in the document.

I've played around with this a bit, and the short answer is that what
you are trying is nonfunctional at this time. Apparently you do not have
traceback activated, since I get repeated messages when various things fail.

It seems that this will work with the initial attempt, but subsequently
it behaves as if Scribus is not "aware" of changes. I tried using
scribus.docChanged(), scribus.saveDoc(), but these did not help. As
indicated by Craig Bradney, Scripter is not actively being developed or
fixed at the moment due to plans for redoing it completely.

About all you can do is search for workarounds that are functioning
properly. It doesn't hurt to keep learning more about Scribus
functionality separate from Scripter. Append Text is an option in the
Context Menu, and applying styles is quite easy. There are also import
capabilities with formatted text from OO.org, and HTML.

Greg