[Scribus] The colors from the print are not expected.

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic
Tue Dec 4 03:06:11 CET 2007

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 03:05:45 am Richard wrote:
> I think you should take account about every ink differs from the others.
> While some inks are based on clycerne, there are others based on
> alcohol, the dry process and time defere so the ressults due to pigment
> concentration and ink viscosity.
> Everything must be take in account.

Add here the paper specifications: whiteness of paper weight, emulsion
(without or gloss emulsion, etc.), paper additives, etc.

I know at least 10 different blacks that can came out of print (all are
100%K). Beware that printing industry is probably one with least standards.
Even if there are some, they're hard to achieve.

The always applicable hint: Be good (really good :) ) with your printer and
ask for directions while designing.

Sorry for popping in...

Best wishes,
Vlada