[Scribus] troubles with Linux on PPC

Steve Herrick estebandido
Sat Dec 8 00:42:03 CET 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 8:45 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> cmake is much better, much easier -- just get that first. Make sure you
> have all the -devel files -- ie, when it says you don't have lcms, it
> means you don't have lcms-devel (header files).

OK, I made sure I have cmake, and I'm still not able to compile.
Here's the error...

steve at clockwork:~/scribus135x$ cmake .
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- broken
CMake Error: The C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc" is not able to compile a
simple test program.
It fails with the following output:
 /usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report
/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.o
/usr/bin/gcc   -o CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.o   -c
/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c
/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c:4:19:
error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c: In function 'main':
/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c:12:
warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function
'printf'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/scribus135x/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
make: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or
name.
-- Configuring done

I was unable to find anything like cxx in apt.

--
Steve Herrick

You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,
but you can make a fool of yourself anytime.