[Scribus] troubles with Linux on PPC

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Dec 9 03:58:59 CET 2007

Steve Herrick wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2007 8:45 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>

>> cmake is much better, much easier -- just get that first. Make sure you
>> have all the -devel files -- ie, when it says you don't have lcms, it
>> means you don't have lcms-devel (header files).
>>

> OK, I made sure I have cmake, and I'm still not able to compile.
> Here's the error...
>
> steve at clockwork:~/scribus135x$ cmake .
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- broken
> CMake Error: The C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc" is not able to compile a
> simple test program.

when you saw this, there was no point in running make.
You may be missing gcc-c++
Here is what I have on my system:

gcc.i386                                 4.1.2-27.fc7           installed
gcc-c++.i386                             4.1.2-27.fc7           installed
gcc-gfortran.i386                        4.1.2-27.fc7           installed

It's fedora 7, but I think you need all 3 for Scribus to compile.

your cmake needs to be 2.4.3 or better also.

Greg