[Scribus] pictures

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Fri Dec 14 20:36:56 CET 2007

2007/12/11, Joan Hill <hill.joan at gmail.com>:

> I am having problems inserting pictures.  It seems if the picture is too
> large for the frame, their is no way for me to "shrink" the picture down to
> fit the frame.  I have not had this problem in Publisher or other programs,
> so it is probably something that I am doing or not doing.
>
> I am on the final layout, so if anyone has a quick answer, sent directly
> to me.

In the Preferences > Tools > Image frame : you can set the image to fit the
frame.

You also have the option to fit proportionnaly or not. Once this is set, all
new image frames will have this property and images that you'll import will
fit the frame. Not only that, unless you go to the Properties palette to
modify this settings, your image will always be resized if you enlarge or
shrink your image frame.

Sorry to step in that late in the thread... I was away from my keyboard for
the last couple of days!

Louis

thanks