[Scribus] Paint or vector graphics program with charcoal drawing emulation

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Dec 23 15:50:25 CET 2007

Hedley Finger wrote:
> Does anybody know how to draw with a 'charcoal stick' in The Gimp or
> Inkscape.  Or can anyone recommend a (preferably open-source or
> freeware) graphics program that can emulate a charcoal stick drawing
> on a rough paper.  A vector graphics program is preferred but a paint
> program is okay.

This is hardly the right list for this question. I'm not aware of a
direct way of doing this in either app, but at the same time, each has
so many capabilities, and in the Gimp in particular you have things like
Script-Fu to perform a series of ops on your work. It would be
surprising if someone hasn't already figured out something like what
you're suggesting.

Greg