[Scribus] Paint or vector graphics program with charcoal drawing emulation

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Mon Dec 24 03:12:32 CET 2007

Hi Hedley,

On 12/23/07, Hedley Finger <hfinger at handholding.com.au> wrote:

> Does anybody know how to draw with a 'charcoal stick' in The Gimp or
> Inkscape.  Or can anyone recommend a (preferably open-source or
> freeware) graphics program that can emulate a charcoal stick drawing
> on a rough paper.

Though I don't have Gimp in front of me right now but I think one way
to achieve it is to first create some kind of a charcoal effect ( IIRC
I did see some filter/effect in Gimp somewhere) then create a
selection and then have the final thing saved as a brush and make it
sizable ( I don't remember if the new 2.4 brushes are sizable - I
think they are) and then load and use that brush to do your charcoal
drawing.

Another way is to create a filter yourself and save it as a brush then use that.

I think somebody will be able to help you out if you post a "picture"
- an example - of the effect you are trying to achieve.

--
Best regards,

Asif