[Scribus] spellcheck for Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Dec 26 03:07:29 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007 02:45:20 schrieb John Thornton:
>        Since there is no spellcheck in scribus, can I either [1] save the
> scribus work as something I can spellcheck, and if so what? Or [2] can I
> spellcheck in another program and then transport that text to a scribus
> doc?

You can save any text created in Scribus as plain text, either by using File >
Export > Save Text for a single text frame or use the script
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Extracting_All_Text_from_a_Document.

You will lose all formatting, though.

In general, it's a much better idea to write and spellcheck your text _before_
you insert it into Scribus. Scribus is layout program, no word processor or
text editor.

1.3.5 might be shipped with a spell checker. The code is written, but it still
needs some polish.

HTH

Christoph