[Scribus] spellcheck for Scribus

Gora Mohanty gora
Thu Dec 27 06:37:48 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 22:53 +0000, John Beardmore wrote:
> Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
>
> > 1.3.5 might be shipped with a spell checker. The code is written, but it still
> > needs some polish.
>
> Very good news !!  Will it do 'spell as you type' ?
[...]

At the moment, no, because that will apparently require some
changes to the text engine.

The spellchecker plugin is loosely modelled on the one for
gedit. It needs lots more testing, and some necessary items
are listed in the included TODO file. I have not had time
to look at it since submitting it, but hope to be able to
do so by the end of this week. In the meantime, it would help
if people checked it out, and provided feedback.

Regards,
Gora