[Scribus] What is an S font?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Dec 28 11:11:20 CET 2007

On Friday 28 December 2007 10:55:47 Brian Astill wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 02:29:56 am avox wrote:
> > Brian Astill-2 wrote:
> > >
> > > Tried that without success.
> >
> > Scribus should list all fonts in that directory and if the font
> > is rejected, give a reason.
>
> That would be most helpful.
> Unfortunately in Linux/X-windows, all I see is the splash screen
> and very fast-changing sentences before Scribus starts up.

On Linux, if you start the program from the command line/console, rather than
from an icon, it will show you the information on the console. It will depend
on your system as to where Scribus is installed but you might be able to run
it like:
scribus -fi or /usr/bin/scribus -fi.
"which scribus" might help you locate the binary if those ones dont work.

Craig