[Scribus] Problem Compiling 1.3.5 on OS X

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Dec 30 14:02:34 CET 2007

Ralf H?ling wrote:
> Hi Andreas!
>
> Am 30.12.2007 um 04:50 schrieb avox:

>>> I didn't want to complain and I'm sorry if I expressed it wrong.
>>>
>> No you didn't and I did  not want to imply that, either. (I did use a
>> smiley! :-) )
>> I just wanted to make a funny remark about Freetype's strange header
>> system.
>>
>> Does it work now? If not, what errors do you get?
>
> When I cmake with:
>
> FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FT2BUILD    /usr/X11R6/include/freetype2
>   FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FTHEADER    /usr/X11R6/include/freetype2

As Andreas wrote, the first one of these has to be /usr/X11/include (or
/usw/X11R6/include which is the same). The error is still hard to
understand, because it says that it finds ft2build.h in the directory
/usr/X11/include which you did not define, but it doesn't find
freetype/config/ftheader.h in the directory /usr/X11R6/include/freetype2
which you did define.

The values of these two variables that are really used are probably not
the ones you gave above; look in CMakeCache.txt.

[]
> /usr/X11/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h:
> No such file or directory

All the rest of your errors are a consequence of ftheader.h not being found.

You can give these variables on the cmake command line:

  -DFREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FT2BUILD:PATH=/usr/X11/include \
  -DFREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_FTHEADER:PATH=/usr/X11/include/freetype2

I found that I sometimes had to give the value of FREETYPE_LIBRARY, too:

  -DFREETYPE_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.dylib

--
Martin