[Scribus] Problem importing EPS in Scribus 1.3.3.7 for OSX

Jonathan Howard jonhoward
Tue Feb 20 15:49:26 CET 2007

Hi,

I've just got going on Scribus 1.3.3.7 for OSX & have been working
through the documents at docs.scribus.net.

I've just tried to do the gif/EPS comparison exercise at http://
docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=importhints and I can't get
the EPS of the penguin to import into my document. The gif went in
fine but whether I use File> Import> Get Image or File> Import>
Import EPS/PS... I get nothing in my Image Frame, and if I try to
export as a pdf Preflight Verifier shows a missing image.

I know the document says later that when experiencing problems with
EPSs, they should be tested with GSview first, but I understand this
is unavailable for OSX. I've tried opening the EPS file with OSX
Preview & after a brief rendering time the image was visible, so I
know it's in there. On the other hand, Adobe Reader 6.0 wouldn't open
the file.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks very much

Jon Howard