[Scribus] License of scripts

avox avox
Thu Jan 18 17:24:17 CET 2007

Thomas R. Koll wrote:

> Hi Henning,
>
> Am 18.01.2007 um 16:41 schrieb Henning Schr?der:
>
>> Hi!
>> As far as I understand Scribus is licensed under the GPL.  With the
>> Python plugin I can write scripts and extensions which directly call
>> the Scribus core and gui. Do these files automatically fall under the
>> GPL or can I choose another license?
>> Perhaps some clarification is needed.
>
> Absolutely not. The author of the script has all rights of his
> script and this cannot be changed by any relating software
> and its license.

True. You just loose all rights to use Scribus if you distribute those
scripts
under a non-GPL licence... ;-)

Seriously, I don't know what the exact position of the Scribus team
is on this point. Maybe we should clarify that in the future.
For myself I wouldn't like it if someone distributed Scribus together with
non OSS scripts, but I can (probably have to) live with someone distributing
the scripts independently of Scribus.
Let's see what the others think.

/Andreas